Winter has gotten to me. I realize we're only what... one, two weeks in? But I can't do it. I have no motivation to dive into the deep abyss of January or explore what blistery February has to offer. I wish to stop this whole winter charade right now and just be done with it. The past week has literally been work then home then repeat five times. This weekend I went to a bridal shower for my sister but other than that it was the safe and warm confines of my four apartment walls.
Maverick hasn't had a walk for almost a week. He's going insane. His insanity is driving me insane. But when you get home at 4:30 and it's already almost dark how in the world do you force yourself to go outside in seven degree weather to walk a pup somebody answer me.....?!?!
Some people really love the snow and I wish I were more like those people, especially since I have lived the majority of my life in Utah and there's no definitive end in sight. I feel bad even writing that because the truth is there's so much I love about Utah. I just don't love the winter. How do people drag themselves to the gym and to the movies and to Christmas parties when you could just never leave the house instead? So I guess that it's not so much that I hate winter, just that I hate that it sucks away my energy and motivation and leaves me feeling so totally lethargic.
I think it's time I consider Arizona.
Those of you who live in cold weathered areas please tell me what you do to get you through the winter months. Give me some ideas- something to give me a bit of energy. Also snowboarding is out because that crap's just way too expensive.
Taking over the rest of my post for me today is Becca. This girl has probably the most frank and candid blog that I have ever read. It's a bit more "PG-13" than the typical blog and she's definitely got some edge which I really love. I have never met someone so unafraid to bear all and I am trying to take my lessons from her about being honest and open. She recently started seeing a marriage counselor and I have learned so much from these posts... almost like I'm getting free sessions from her blog! Make sure to check out her best of page as that will direct you to all the best posts. Hit it, Becca!
One thing you'll realize pretty quickly about me is that I have an unusual love for lists. There's something so satisfying about being able to cross something off of a list, or being able to see how many different ideas you were able to come up with. I just love lists and I tend to write a lot of them. Like my ten random facts about my childhood, twelve random facts about my high school years, or twenty things you really didn't need to know, but that I'm going to tell you anyways. So when deciding what to write for Bonnie today a list just felt right, and I decided that I'm going to tell you all about my five biggest pet peeves.
1. Bad Driving. I've written a bit about it here, but it's bad. I have awful road rage. It gets a million times worse when ice is on the ground, which unfortunately means I spend six to nine months of the year angry while driving. I drive slow when there's ice on the road because I'm super paranoid of dying in a car crash. (I told you, I'm cray.) A lot of the drivers up here are bullies to the slower drivers and will drive riiiight up on the booty of the car, when this happens I tend to leak a bit of that cray out and scream obscenities... that's normal though right?
2. People singing the wrong lyrics of songs on purpose drives me insane. My little brother is the biggest contributor to this pet peeve. When we were younger he would change the lyrics of songs I loved to annoy me and sing them loudly over the original one. Parodies are one thing but just ruining a good song to be mean? Nope. Hate it.
3. That one hair on my husbands chest that grows in longer and darker than the rest. I'm slightly OCD and that ish bothers me so much. I pluck it whenever I see it, and I'm convinced it exists just to spite me. There was about three months where it didn't grow back, and he went to the field for two weeks, when he got back that sucker was like an inch long! And last time THREE were growing from that same spot! I obsess over strange things, I'm okay with that.
4. I hate when people don't put their shopping carts away. I understand if you have four kids, it's snowing, and you're way out at the end of the parking lot, but if you're three cars away walk your happy butt over and put it in the stall. It's hard enough to find parking without carts taking up spaces too.
5. Telling me to calm down when I'm calm. This isn't so much a pet peeve as a way to make me incredibly angry and my husband knows this and uses it to his advantage. Especially when he wants to remind me forcing him to come grocery shopping is an awful idea. The last time I made him come with me he followed me around the entire time telling me to calm down, and then told the sixteen year old bagger that I beat him and he was afraid of me. I was about ready to pop him one after that trip!
So those are the five quickest ways to annoy the ever loving heck out of me, I want to know what annoys you? Do you have any of the same or am I even crazier than I thought? Either way I hope you'll stop by and check out the insanity! That was a lame ending, I suck at conclusions. Oh well, thanks for letting me write Bonnie!