Some girls just start slow/are awkward/ don't flirt well. Don't ya'll worry, I learned. It just took a while.
After I got my first kiss I didn't know what to do on New Year's anymore. Make real resolutions? WHAT?!? That doesn't sound like fun!
I feel like New Year's Resolutions kind of get a bad rap. Like we all make them and then promptly forget about them. This has got to change, I say, it's got to change!
I present to you...
BONNIE'S 2013 NEW YEAR'S RESOLUTIONS
1. Don't forget about New Year's Resolutions. Hey! This one is the most important one, isn't it?!?
2. Do two acts of service every day. One for Hubs. One for someone else.
3. Go on vacation. Priorities people. Priorities. I really want to go with Hubs to visit his mission in Russia this summer. Saving and praying we can somehow make this work.
4. Read 36 books. On my immediate to read list is this and this and this. Oh, and I can't wait to reread this.
5. Exercise 3 times a week. It'd be a lot easier if I didn't hate it so dang much. Anybody got suggestions to get a girl to enjoy a little work out?
6. Be more friendly and outgoing. Look for people who need a friend. Go out of my way to meet people, to say hi, to get to know those around me.
7. Make an effort to keep strong relationships with siblings and friends. Hubs is great. But I've still got a lot of other people I knew long before Hubs ever entered my life. Keeping up relationships can be tough, but it's so worth it.
8. Deeper, more thoughtful prayers. Let's face it, I need some serious guidance in my life.
9. Choose to be happy. I've heard it said countless times in my life that happiness is a choice but until recently it never registered in my head. The discovery was made while I was on Instagram. I was jealous of every picture I saw. Everyone seemed so happy. "Oh my gosh those stinkers are in San Diego?!" "Oh she gets to stay home and read all day, I'm so jealous." "She walked her dog today, that looks so gorgeous." "I wish I could have gone skiing today!" It took me a second to realize I wasn't jealous of any of their actual situations, I was jealous that they all seemed so happy in what they were doing. I could be happy no matter what the situation was, I just had to choose it. This year is going to be a happy one for me. (Instagram plug: Follow me @thelifeofbon)
10. Beat my little sister in tennis. This one shouldn't be too hard considering she hasn't played for a year and a half. Sucker.
11. Reach 4000 followers on the blog. Yikes.
12. Try two new recipes a month. I'm trying to be realistic here. No overdoing it!
13. Say thank you as much as possible.
14. Be the type of person that makes others feel good about themselves. No more sarcasm (especially with students), no snide remarks. People like to feel good, so I should make them feel good. I guess that's called being nice?
15. Get preggers.
JK about #15.
Guess you'll have to keep reading through 2013 to find out!
Did you make New Years Resolutions? If so, leave the url in the comment box so I can check it out! I can't wait to see what your goals are!
(P.S. Pardon our mess. We're under a bit of construction around here!)