Let's talk books, shall we? I was recently tagged by sister in law to list ten books that have had a profound impact on my life. I was going to reply on facebook, but I thought I'd open it up to my blog to see what you all say are the books that have most influenced you. I love nerdy book talk and besides that, I have way more time to read lately since I am only working part time and since I breastfeed six hours a day. This is the perfect time to stack up my "To read" list.
Without further ado, here's my list: (In no particular order and excluding scripture)
1. Catcher in the Rye by J.D. Salinger
2. Unbroken by Laura Hillenbrand
3. Walk Two Moons by Sharon Creech
4. The Things They Carried by Tim O'Brien
5. My Name is Asher Lev by Chaim Potok
6. The Happiness Project by Gretchen Rubin
7. Gone with the Wind by Margaret Mitchell
8. A Tree Grows in Brooklyn by Betty Smith
9. Angela's Ashes by Frank McCourt
10. To Kill a Mockingbird by Harper Lee
Honorable Mentions: A Thousand Splendid Suns, Their Eyes Were Watching God, East of Eden, Harry Potter, Great Gatsby
I'd love to hear what ten books have had the biggest influence on your life. If you don't feel like listing ten, at least answer me these two questions-
1. What one book do you think every single person should read sometime in their life? and
2. What is the best book you have read this year?
My answers are:
1) Unbroken by Laura Hillenbrand (Seriously, there is not a person in this world who I don't think would enjoy this book.)
2) Bringing up Bebe by Pamela Druckerman
Comment it up!