26 SECRETS OF LIFE
1. If you don't have time to take a shower, you can put on deodorant, spray some perfume and spray dry shampoo in your hair. This can work for up to four days. After that you're just gross.
2. If you don't have time to wash your clothes, you can run a fabric softener sheet all over them. VOILA! Your clothes smell like they just came out of the dryer.
3. When your house is clean you feel less stressed.
4. Everybody has done something they are less than proud of. Judge lightly. Unless they keep doing it over and over and over. Then you can judge however you feel like.
5. Once you become an adult you can eat whatever you want and nobody gets mad at you, it's so great! But your body feels like crap when you do that so do it sparingly.
6. Remember people's birthdays.
7. To be a good conversationalist (or a good friend!) ask questions. Remember what people have told you (i.e. "I'm nervous for a test coming up) and ask them about it next time you see them.
8. Ice cream fixes most problems.
9. Talk slowly when you are in an argument.
10. Don't make fun of people if they dance funny. It's just rude.
11. There will always be one cousin/aunt/co-worker/neighbor who offends you. Start expecting it and you won't feel offended every time. Or better yet, tell yourself everytime they say something rude you get to buy a new pair of shoes. You'll start looking forward to the insults!
12. Exercise can suck while you're doing it, but it feels good after.
13. Nobody's life is really like the movies.
14. Plans change. That's okay. Abandon that which no longer serves you. Be willing to be flexible and see other paths than the one you originally planned on.
15. If you can't remember somebody's name just ask them. And then think about their name for seven seconds after they tell it to you. You won't forget again.
16. If you don't do the dishes tonight, they're still there tomorrow. They don't do themselves.
17. People like you if you like them.
18. Everybody vomits at some point in their life. It's to keep us humble and totally grossed out by the food that we eat.
19. People don't notice your mistakes as much as you think. (Stolen from The Happiness Project.)
20. If you don't feel like cooking because you are stressed and overwhelmed, pizzas are only $10.
21. If you don't take the garbage out it will smell. Inevitably.
22. Don't invest too much time, energy, and passion into things you have no absolutely no control over. Like professional sports teams or how tall you are.
23. If you can do something in less than 60 seconds, do it now and not later. This means hanging up your shirt, returning a text, loading your plate.
24. Give people the benefit of the doubt.
25. Don't flake on people. If you make plans, stick to them. You can cancel/ rearrange once and after that it's just rude.
26. When you realize you know nothing about life, start making up the secrets of life to dish out to strangers and suddenly you will start to realize you know more than you think you do.
WHAT'S YOUR LIFE SECRET? The best life secrets will be highlighted on Monday's post with a link to your bloggy blog!
Excerpts of post originally published May 2013.