(Disclaimer: Right after I published this I noticed the title was totally jacked up.
I thought about editing it, but decided the nonsensical title was the best way
to really convey how I feel at the end of these
parent teacher conferences. I be losing my mind!)
This is me! Right this very minute! Can you tell I'm hating life? (And isn't my wedding ring purrrrrty?!)
I am six hours and forty two minutes into parent teacher conferences. One hour and eighteen minutes left. But who's counting, right?
Every parent teacher conference the exact same thing happens. I make a long, absolutely impossible list of everything I am going to get done that day. Then a lot of parents come and I don't get anything done and I feel like a failure even though I was busy the whole day. How's that for a crappy situation?
My to do list today included:
- Grade 10th grade October Sky tests
- Grade 10th grade mini memoirs
- Write Lord of the Flies test for Friday
- Grade absent/late basket
- Update all scores on the computer
- Write blog post
- Write sponsor instructions for March
- Find blogs to sponsor in March
- Finish reading Tweak for banned book club tomorrow (The book is 400+ pages. I'm on page 55.)
- Get Letter of Recommendation from principal and vice principal
- Scan Letter of Recommendations on to computer
- Request fingerprint cards from state of California
- Sign up to take CBEST (California teacher credential test)
- Apply for Green Dot Public schools
- Apply for opening at ABC school district
That's not too much to get done in eight hours with parents coming in and out all day long is it?!?
Turns out it is. Of those things I have officially accomplished only the first one: grade October Sky tests. And I guess now I can kind of cross off writing a blog post? So that's good for something, right?
Sigh. When did life get so busy?
Lucky for me, I've got Ashley to take over from here. She's gorgeous and stylish and all the things that good bloggers are required to be, right? She keeps her posts short and sweet, but carries a pack with them. I loved her most recent post on if birth order affects personality and her post about attending blog conferences. (One day I maybe will be brave enough to show up at a blog conference?) Oh, and Ashley is giving away the cutest personalized stamp I've ever seen. Just so you know, I'm rigging this so I can win it.
I kid. I kid.
Hi! I'm Ashley from Dancing with Ashley.