The day after vacation is the worst, ain't it? We're out of money, but I'm also clear out of motivation so how in the world am I supposed to manage dinner? Pizza it is! Sidenote- I've been craving nonstop pregnancy the past four days. I ate it every single day in Las Vegas and now they only thing I want for dinner tonight is PIZZA.
Also, baby horror stories at lunch today. One teacher told us her kid basically didn't stop crying for four months. If you'll excuse me, I'm going to go crawl in a corner now.
But that's beside the point!
Before we move on, I wanted to say just a little something about my ugly babies post last week. I was going to not saying anything, but I felt like I wanted to clarify just a few things. So here we go, let's reopen a big fat can of worms!
1. I should not have taken pictures of ugly babies from the internet and put them on the post. I regret that and I'm sorry.
2. I thought about taking the pictures down, but at the same time I kind of feel like taking it down is me saying, "Hey! I never did that!" Like a cop out. I did do that and I shouldn't have, but I kind of feel like I have to just own up to it.
3. For the record, I think ALL babies are born pretty ugly and in most cases they grow into normal looking people. I also don't think it's the worst thing in the world for a baby to be ugly. As I replied in some of the comments, the post was meant to be satirical in nature. Obviously there are much worse things in the world than being ugly. I should know- my brothers are all ugly and they still have pretty decent lives. (Kidding, Reed!)
4. I have a bit of a darker sense of humor so stuff like ugly redheaded babies is funny to me. It was not coming from a mean place in my heart. If I had a baby that looked like that and someone put it on their blog, I would not be offended by it, I would think it was funny. I didn't post it to be mean. I understand if it is not funny to you, and I understand that some may find this offensive. I apologize.
5. No matter how inappropriate or offensive some may have found the post to be, I certainly don't think it gives anyone the right to turn around and insult my standing with God, my ability to teach in a public school, my potential to be a good mother or anything else that was mentioned in the comments. It wasn't right of me to post the pictures but I did it without malice and without intention to hurt. Wish I could say the same for all the commenters. That is all.
And now, pizza time. I've got eight great bloggers here who would absolutely love it if you gave their blog a visit today. I have highlighted what makes their blogs unique and why I like each blog for its different reason. I also tried to find some of their best posts for you so you can go right to the gold! I hope you'll find some new blog friends and daily reads. I can't say enough good things about these girls.
Natasha is an Aussie blogger who aims to give readers a "bit of a giggle" with her posts. She writes about dating fiascos and chronicles her weight loss journey. She has lost 80 pounds in the past 6 months, so following her blog is a great idea if you need some fitness motivation. One of my favorite posts of hers on weight loss is here- truly inspiring! And don't forget to check out her etsy shop!
she doesn't let hockey define her. I also loved her posts about miscarriage, and this post about being four months hysterically pregnant. Everything she writes is awesome, so if you can't decide just hit up her best of page!
JORDYN @ FAIRY TALE PRINCESS DIARIES
JORDYN @ FAIRY TALE PRINCESS DIARIES
Jordyn is obsessed with Taylor Swift and claims she should rename her blog, "Like a Taylor Swift song, but less catchy." (Hey, Jordyn looks just like Taylor- why not!) Her blog's got lots of sass and spunk. For a great slice of Jordyn try "You don't know about me, but I bet you'll want to" or this post about staying true to yourself in the blogging world. My personal favorite, though, is this post about lessons learned from being a "serial monogamist." Some amazing advice there,
Taylor... errr Jordyn!
Nicole's blog is witty, fresh, and funny. According to her, one of her blogging strengths is "not too many grammatical errors," so she's got that going for her too! I laughed so hard at this spin on ways to get people to read your blog- I promise it's not what you think. Also, this post on the four people you need if you're going to hack it in blog land is dead on. Everything she writes is hilarious so do yourself a favor and check out her best of page- I'll see you in three hours!
If you are looking to meet a lot of bloggy friends then look no further than Laura's blog! Laura hosts a weekly Wake up Wednesday link up with a giveaway where at least 100 bloggers always link up. A great place for networking and frienshipping and not to mention the frequent, easy to enter giveaways. Some of my favorite posts of hers are this one on overprotective parenting and this hilarious bit about traveling with dogs. If you have pups you can certainly relate!
Katherine's blog is truly unique in that her posts are VERY short VERY succinct and you can never read just one. Everytime I visit Katherine's blog I end up reading twelve blog posts before I even realize what has happened to me. She is passionate and opinionated and always incites comments, which I love. According to her, she writes about "the human experience, the Mormon experience, and the woman experience in a way that is uniquely Katherine." Some great posts to get you started are this one on how breaking bad encourages meth use, Is it Any Wonder? and Some Mansions.
Kelly's blog has got a little bit of everything. She has been on a mission to lose 100 pounds (WOW!) and her motivation is seriously inspiring. Her little brother is serving an LDS mission in Rwanda and her Missionary Monday posts she does about him are so fascinating. I also greatly enjoyed this post- "Zero is not a size." (Although I still can't decide if I agree...) Oh- and I can't forget this post poking fun of all the pregnant bloggers- yes, there are SO MANY of us right now, I agree! I tried to tell all the other bloggers that only I could be pregnant right now, but they didn't listen. Rude!